Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's so easy to grill! My beloved told me he wants to lose weight. I can help him with that, because not all tasty food has to be high fat, high calorie food. So I made a grilled sweet potato, grilled zucchini, yellow onion, portobello mushroom and summer squash, and grilled chicken (marinated in lime juice, 1 tbs vegetable oil, cumin, salt, black pepper, garlic powder). Anyway, I microwaved the taters for 8 minutes while I heated the grill. Then I grilled the chicken for 8 minutes on each side on medium. Take the chicken off the grill and put it in foil in the oven on warm. Grill the veggies for 10 minutes. While the veg is cooking, put the taters on the top part of the grill (to get the crackle and the smoke flavor). Take the veg off, take the chicken out of the oven. Serve the chicken with the juice it releases into the foil. Serve the squash, mushrooms and onions on the side. Put the potato next to it, serve with butter if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment